BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, August 4, 2011 - The Buenos Aires Provincial Judiciary has chosen Cisco TelePresence™ technology to optimize legal services by facilitating the delivery of statements by experts in criminal processes.
Telepresence enables face-to-face collaboration as if people in separate locations are all sitting in the same room together. With Cisco TelePresence the judiciary is able to obtain experts' statements more quickly, speed communications among the ministers of the Supreme Court, and improve the training of the employees at the judiciary.
This technological initiative consisted of installing a Cisco TelePresence network over the converged voice and data network of the Buenos Aires Provincial Judiciary. Both the configuration and the IT management are centralized, although each department head has a technical office for local support.
- The Supreme Court of Justice and the Attorney General's Office decided, through resolution 3487 dated Nov. 17, 2010, to develop a videoconference system to obtain the statements of experts in criminal processes.
- The Cisco solution consisted of 18 Cisco TelePresence System Edge 95 MXP endpoints, room equipment installed in the courts and La Plata, and six Cisco MXP 1700 endpoints, located in the department head offices.
- The implementation includes a standard-definition TelePresence unit, which can link the 18 legal departments in a multipoint telepresence session, and the Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Serverequipment, which was installed in the central infrastructure in La Plata.
- Since the implementation of the telepresence network, experts have made more than 50 statements in different trials. They were able to do so from the departments where they were located, as a result providing a greater availability of experts and improving their use of time.
- Logicalis, a Cisco Gold Certified Partner, participated in the project, and the implementation was made by professionals at the department of the deputy secretary of technology of the Supreme Court of the Province.