The flagship of our A-Series speakers, the 8A50 is a 50W 8 inch coaxial driver that represents a performance upgrade over standard commercial coaxial drivers, given its greater power handling, lower distortion, and smoother musical sound. The driver has a 20 oz. magnet coupled with 1.4 in. copper voice coil that drive a polypropylene cone with half-roll rubber surround for long cone travel and good edge damping. Post-mounted tweeter is 1 inch balanced drive dome protected by Ferrofluid and first-order high pass filter. The 8A50 is engineered for very high quality music reproduction and paging for restaurants, lounges, hotel lobbies, retail outlets, and similar locations where the listening experience is a key part of customer satisfaction. Available with a variety of mounted transformers or assembled with a grille (see spec chart).
- Size: 8 inch
- Power Rating: 50W
- Driver Type: Coaxial
- Mounting Bolt Circle: 7.625 in.
- Transformer: 70V (1, 2, 4, 8W), shallow mount
- Assembly Frequency Response: 40Hz-19.0kHz (±6dB) and 40Hz-20kHz (±7.0dB)
- Assembly Mounting Depth: 4.10 in.
- Assembly Dispersion Angle: 90 degrees conical
- Assembly Average Sensitivity: 90.6dB