Lowell's conically shaped 8XD4 Series backboxes are engineered to accommodate an 8-in speaker in either new or existing construction. The slightly tapered, conical shape allows these backboxes to be stacked for space efficient storage and transit. Popular series mounts a wide selection of Lowell grilles and mounting accessories. Series 8XD4 backboxes are certified US steel construction (22-gauge) with a white powder coat epoxy finish and include a polyurethane foam disc. The disc meets UL flammability CAL-117 and is affixed to the bottom inside surface to reduce acoustic and mechanical resonance. Models are furnished with factory installed 8-32 screw retaining clips for grille mounting. 8XD4-P features one planished knockout (0.5") on top to preserve leak-free integrity of enclosure in return air plenums.
- Knockouts: Features one planished knockout (0.5") on top to preserve leak-free integrity of enclosure in return air plenums.
- Lining: Polyurethane foam disc helps reduce acoustic or mechanical resonance. Disc meets UL?flammability CAL-117 for resonance and vibration control.
- Hardware: Factory-installed 8-32 retaining clips can mount a standard screw-mount grille
- Size: 10" dia. x 4" deep, tapered for stackability
- Volume: 0.147 cu.ft.
- Material: U.S. steel
- Finish: White powder epoxy
- Origin: Made in the U.S.A. with 100% Certified U.S. steel