Recessed backbox for use with a 4” speaker and screw-mount grille features an extended flange making it ideal for new construction where the flange protects the opening from plaster, poured concrete or sheetrock. The backbox can also be used in existing construction when installed in suspended tile ceilings. (When installed in a suspended tile ceiling, tile bridge model LBS4DX or SS series channel rails are recommended to transfer assembly weight to the ceiling grid. Order separately).
- Welded, unitized 22-gauge steel
- Grille mounting flange projects 0.5" and includes 8-32
- Undercoated to eliminate acoustic/metallic resonance
- Four combination 1/2" – 3/4" conduit knockouts
- Black powder epoxy finish
- 6.31" dia. x 4.0" deep
- Made in the U.S.A. with certified U.S. steel