Engineered for distributed speaker systems requiring sound reinforcement of the highest quality, the DX198 combines the benefits of a large metal enclosure with the acoustic characteristics associated with 3/4" plywood or particle board. It allows an 8" speaker to operate at its optimum loading level, providing the speaker system with improved low frequency response.
- For 8-inch driver
- 18-gauge steel box measures 15"L x 15"W x 8"D.
- Rigidly braced, welded, unitized heavy gauge steel with damping to eliminate acoustical/mechanical resonance.
- Inner walls lined with .5" thick acoustical fiberboard to prevent sympathetic vibrations within the expanse of the cavity.
- Inside lined with 1.5" thick premium acoustic lining (1.5 lbs. density rating) to absorb undesirable resonance in the high frequency range.
- Four .5" - .75" conduit knockouts.
- Two sets of slotted tabs welded on parallel sides to facilitate mounting with optional channel rails. Slotted tabs may also be used as seismic anchor points where required by code.
- Grille mounting flange projects .437" for efficient installation in plaster, poured concrete, sheetrock, or suspended tile ceilings. Includes 8-32 screw retaining U-clips to accept Lowell grilles listed under Compatible Components.
- Made in the U.S.A. with certified U.S. steel