The IX810-ELis an acoustic backbox with torsion receptacles, flat grille mounting flange and a recessed speaker flange that allows an 8" speaker to be mounted directly to the backbox (order speaker separately). It has an extended lip that makes it ideal for sheetrock or plaster ceilings where the backbox is installed ahead of the speaker. The recessed speaker flange is engineered to screw-mount and support Lowell’s heavier, more powerful coaxial speakers, while the torsion receptacles mount a non-load bearing torsion grille for a finished “no hardware” appearance. The generous 10" backbox depth with acoustic treatment accepts EIA 8" speakers (typically coaxial) and is ideal for new construction projects in upscale commercial, institutional, retail, house of worship or residential applications. The IX810-EL backbox has two unique features recessed flange to direct-mount the speaker, internal bracket to field-mount a transformer, accessible through a rear-mounted plate with a separate 1-gangwire access panel and metal cable clamp. The speaker flange is recessed 1.44" allowing an 8" speaker to screw-mount directly to the flange. This direct mount (speaker-to-backbox) method removes the 3.5lbs weight limit for a torsion grille allowing a heavier, more powerful speaker to be used.
- Welded, unitized heavy gauge steel undercoated and lined with 1.5" thick premium acoustic lining
- Recessed speaker flange allows an 8" speaker (ordered separately) to screw-mount directly to the flange
- Knockouts 0.5" to 0.75" and 0.5" on four sides for wire and conduit access
- Internal transformer bracket accessible through rear-mounted plate with separate 1-gangwire access panel and metal cable clamp.
- Recessed speaker flange has two integral torsion receptacles to accept torsion-mount grille
- Black powder epoxy finish