- Polycom gains nine points in video endpoints shipments quarter-over-quarter, extending leadership to 45 percent marketshare
- Polycom gains five points sequentially in video endpoints revenue and now has 34 percent marketshare
- Polycom gains three points sequentially in video infrastructure as market grows 24 percent year-over-year
- Polycom maintains its installed base lead with 38 percent of the market
PLEASANTON, Calif. - Aug 02, 2011 : Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), a global leader in unified communications (UC), gained significant marketshare in both video endpoints and video infrastructure, in the latest Wainhouse Research quarterly report on video conferencing and telepresence titled "Wainhouse Spotcheck: Videoconferencing Q1 2011."
Marketshare highlights and gains included:
- With a nine point gain vs. Q4 2010, and five point gain year-over-year, Polycom extended its leadership in video endpoint unit shipments to 45 percent market share in Q1 2011. At the same time, Polycom's largest competitor declined six points (year-over-year and sequentially) in unit share to 25 percent.
- Polycom video endpoint revenue share increased five points in Q1 2011 vs. Q4 2010 (and three points year-over-year), and the company now has 34 percent market share in revenue. Polycom's largest competitor saw a revenue decline of eight points sequentially during that same time period, and six points year-over-year.
- Polycom grew three points sequentially in video infrastructure (Polycom offers the UC Intelligent Core™ platform), while Polycom's largest competitor remained flat. The overall video infrastructure market is growing at 24 percent year-over-year.
- Out of an estimated 1.2 million videoconferencing systems installed, Polycom is estimated to be leading with 38 percent of the market.
"Polycom is committed to delivering the most innovative, easy-to-use UC solutions on premise or from the cloud to improve collaboration, boost productivity and performance, and accelerate time to market," said Polycom CEO Andy Miller. "Customers are voting with their wallets in favor of Polycom's standards-based approach to UC because it preserves customer choice, leverages existing investments, and future-proofs organizations as their collaboration strategy evolves. Together with our partners, Polycom is delivering the most comprehensive UC solutions to truly enable UC Everywhere."
"Polycom's impressive numbers are a result of increasing market demand for videoconferencing equipment and UC solutions combined with the company's strong execution in the field," said Andrew W. Davis, co-founder and senior analyst at Wainhouse Research. "Customers and channel partners alike are resonating with Polycom's go-to-market message and strategy."
Last week, Polycom announced the close of its acquisition of HP's Visual Collaboration business, and the agreement under which Polycom will serve as an exclusive partner to HP for telepresence and certain video UC solutions, including both resale and internal HP deployments. The acquisition and agreement doubles Polycom's immersive telepresence marketshare and further strengthens Polycom's leadership in the UC video market, which is growing rapidly as businesses of all sizes around the world are using video collaboration as a strategic and cost-effective way to improve productivity and create high-performance workplaces. In addition to HP, Polycom works with a large and diverse channel community representing multiple routes to market, including: distribution partners, value added resellers, service providers and systems integrators.
Polycom Unified Communications (UC) Solutions
Polycom Unified Communications (UC) solutions bring people face-to-face from anywhere, creating a highly collaborative environment that significantly improves learning, retention, and engagement as well as overall productivity and efficiency. Polycom helps organizations of all sizes, across all industries, become high-performance workplaces where individuals and teams collaborate on-demand between any location, over any network, with their device of choice.
Polycom UC offerings include high-definition voice and video solutions for personal, mobile, group, and immersive telepresence experiences – using up to half the video bandwidth required by other UC solutions. The Polycom UC Intelligent Core is the only platform that connects up to 75,000 devices and enables 25,000 simultaneous calls with 100 percent auto-failover, providing the best-in-class user experience on a global scale. With Polycom's broad ecosystem of strategic partners, Polycom provides the most comprehensive, reliable and scalable collaboration platform for managing and delivering UC solutions to employees, partners and suppliers – on premises or from the cloud.