With Polycom video collaboration solutions, schools are bringing classes to students around the world and enhancing the educational experience with face-to-face access to experts and other students
Apr 29, 2013:
United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) 2013 National Conference
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark Hotel
St. Louis, Mo.
Exhibits April 28-May 1, 2013
At the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) 2013 National Conference, Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open, standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C), will demonstrate Polycom® RealPresence® video solutions in education environments, showing how schools are video-enabling classes, education applications, and business models. Education today faces major changes as educators address global opportunities, challenges, and needs. Schools must develop students as global citizens, while helping their organizations operate more efficiently and delivering programs that attract student and faculty talent. Polycom provides rich, interactive visual solutions that improve all facets of education—from student administration to course development to curriculum delivery to content management. The top 10 universities worldwide, and the top 10 in the U.S., use Polycom® RealPresence® voice and video solutions to give teachers the tools to engage students with more interactive and innovative educational experiences, even with the most challenged budgets.
Polycom education industry experts available for press interviews:
- Marci Powell – Global Director for Education & Training, USDLA Chair Emerita and Past President
- Elaine Shuck – Director for Education (Americas), USDLA Board Member
Tuesday, April 30
- 10:15-11:15 am – Concurrent Sessions 6
Topic: “Video-on-Demand Flips Teaching and Learning on its Head”
Polycom presenters: Marci Powell and Elaine Shuck
Location: Grand Suites 2
- 11:30-12:30 pm – Concurrent Sessions 7
Topic: “Incorporating Funding Solutions as Part of Your Technology Roadmap”
Polycom presenter: Jeffrey Barlow, Polycom Grant Assistance Program
Location: Salon G
To see Polycom RealPresence video and voice solutions, please visit the Polycom booth in the exhibit area.
- Polycom® RealPresence® Group 500 - a video collaboration solution ideal for large group meeting areas, such as lecture halls or classrooms, that delivers the highest quality video and content (up to 1080p60 resolution for incredibly sharp images and vivid full-motion video), with crystal-clear audio for more productive and lifelike interactions with colleagues, partners and customers. For example, video collaboration systems can help students access lectures and content both live and on-demand, providing flexible, affordable, and accessible options and extending courses for participation around the globe.
- Polycom® RealPresence® CloudAXIS™ Suite - extends secure, reliable and high-quality enterprise-grade video collaboration to anyone with a browser and Web camera. A global, presence-aware directory allows users to add contacts from Skype®, GoogleTalk™, Facebook® or a business e-mail address book. Video collaboration is a highly effective way both to include local communities in educational offerings, as well as to tap experts, partners, and professionals from every culture, community, and geography to teach students. The RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite is a software extension to the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform.
- Polycom Video Content Management – lets users live-stream or record videos for on-demand delivery to any Web-enabled device. For example, training departments or academic departments can capture instructors’ presentations, slides, and Q&A sessions for training or distance learning on demand. The solution can also track when participants complete their training and provide access to online testing.
- Polycom® RealPresence® Mobile – an award-winning software application that extends Polycom’s legendary HD video collaboration technology to tablets and smartphones. In education, meetings such as parent-teacher conferences or tutoring sessions can take place wherever the participants are located.