The D SERIES-SFRC8 room control station is a SourceFlex listening station for wall mounting in a room, providing source selection and volume control from up to 8 audio sources. A numeric display shows the selected source. There are two line-level audio outputs on the rear of the unit, balanced and unbalanced, to feed an external power amplifier. The amplified power output can deliver up to 3.5 Watts RMS into an 8 ohm Speaker.
Rear-panel switch set during installation causes the balanced line-level output to produce either a fixed +4 dBu or a variable level adjusted by the front-panel control. The unbalanced output is 12 dB below the balanced output level.
Amplification is provided by a high-efficiency Class D power stage with audio filtering tailored for crisp, pleasant audio clarity. The high-efficiency Class D output stage produces negligible heat for all levels of expected voice or music modulation.
The D SERIES-SFRC8 is designed to be mounted in a wall box. Wiring is connected through a rear-panel detachable terminal block. The -SFRC8 is ideal for office distributed sound systems with background music and a paging source. Installation is simple, requiring only wiring and an external 8 ohm Speaker for most installations.
- Single room listening station with in-wall controls
- Source selection pushbutton
- Volume adjustment using single-turn control
- Selection from up to 8 audio sources
- Line-level audio output
- Line output switchable fixed or variable
- Variable output follows front-panel level control
- 3.5 Watt rms audio amplifier into 8 Ohms, 6.5 Watts into 4 Ohms
- High-efficiency class D operation
- Thermal and short-circuit protection
- Speaker output connection on detachable terminal block
- Mounts in wall using US single gang electrical box or RDL® WB-1U
- Compatible with other RDL wall plates and controls
- Ideal for office distributed sound systems with music and paging