The compact, single rack space MZ-123BT builds on the popularity and feature-set of its big brother, the 2U MZ-223, adding Bluetooth-functionality and a simple, intuitive front panel control design and layout that makes it as easy to operate as it is to install and set up.
Three music playback input channels, including one AUX/Bluetooth input, as well as two Mic input channels, allow for a wide range of background music and announcement routing possibilities. This enables discrete mixes of background music and announcements to be routed to individual zones in a wide range of commercial applications, including retail, restaurants, bars, cafes, and hotels to name a few.
Stereo LINE inputs 1 and 2 (RCA, Unbalanced) allow connection of source components such as CD players for distributing music or ambient sound playback. The Channel 3 AUX/Bluetooth input enables an additional audio source, such as a tablet, smart phone or other device, to be connected via Bluetooth or 3.5mm mini plug.
Three pairs of stereo balanced Euroblock output connectors are provided on the back panel, along with a MONO/STEREO configuration switch for each output.
Each audio program input channel features a front-panel selectable zone routing button (1,2 or 3) with volume control. Channels 1 and 2 also feature PEAK and SIGNAL level indicators. When selected, the zone routing button assigns the selected output and/or MIC signal to the desired zone.
The MZ-123BT’s Bluetooth-enabled functionality makes it a standout product in this class and category. A dedicated front-panel Bluetooth antenna helps ensure stable connectivity when streaming content, even in commercial environments where wireless connectivity can become problematic due to interference and bandwidth limitations.
Versatile MIC input connectivity options further sets the MZ-123BT apart. Two MIC inputs, both with back-panel Euroblock connections, facilitate announcing or talkover functionality. Additionally, Mic 1 offers a front-panel XLR-TRS combo jack for easy connectivity. Both MIC 1 and 2 support +48V phantom power connectivity.
Input signal for both MIC 1 and 2 can be assigned to any of the three individual zones for announcement or talkover functionality in that particular zone. An intelligent Talkover feature automatically recognizes MIC signal level and attenuates background music.
- Discrete Zone Audio Control and Routing:
- Three discrete Zone Outputs with Volume control allow routing of background music to desired areas or rooms in a restaurant, hotel, retail store or other commercial environment.
- Three Outputs with Euroblock Connectors:
- Three pair of stereo outputs featuring Euroblock connectors for fixed installations are accessible from the back panel. A MONO/STEREO switch is provided for each output.
- Three Input Channels:
- Stereo LINE Inputs 1 and 2 (RCA, Unbalanced) allow connection of AV equipment such as TASCAM CD/Solid State Players or similar playback devices.
- The Channel 3 AUX/Bluetooth® Input allows an additional audio source to be connected via Bluetooth® or 3.5mm mini plug.
- Each input features a Volume Control knob as well as a Zone Routing button (1, 2 or 3) for audio distribution to desired areas.
- Bluetooth® Antenna for Stable Wireless Connectivity:
- A dedicated front-panel Bluetooth® antenna helps ensure consistent wireless signal stability and reliability when streaming source material from a Bluetooth® enabled device — even in the most signal-challenged environments.
- Dual Mic Inputs with Euroblock Connectors:
- Two Mic Inputs, each with +48V phantom power switches, enable discrete Zone talkover or announcer functionality via push-button front panel Zone Output switches.
- Two rear panel Euroblock connectors are provided for Mic 1 and 2 connection, with XLR/TRS connectivity for Mic 1 easily accessible from the front panel and selectable via a front panel switch.
- 3 Band EQ, Gain Control and High Pass Filter Switch:
- On the back panel, separate 3 band EQ (Low, Mid, High) and Gain control knobs, along with a High Pass Filter switch are provided for setting optimal room level, tonal quality and voicing character for each mic channel.
- Talkover Function for Voiceover Clarity During Announcements:
- The Talkover function automatically detects mic signal input during audio playback and attenuates background music levels in the desired Zone for optimal intelligibility during announcements.
- Back panel adjustment of Mic Threshold Level and Timing (release time) allows smooth restoration of background music to pre-set levels.
- Simple Layout for Ease of Operation:
- Intuitive front-panel control of Volume, Output, Zone Select and Bluetooth® pairing makes basic operation simple for non-technical staff and workers.
- More advanced system configuration and operational settings for EQ, Gain and Threshold can be dialed in and set via dedicated back panel knobs.
- Compact 1U Rack Mount Size:
- The 1U rack mount size MZ-123BT is designed to fit seamlessly in an installed AV rack, with an optimized depth that allows greater connection space for integrated AV equipment such as TASCAM CD/Solid State Players.
- Features at a glance:
- Input Channel sources can be easily assigned to each of the individual 3 Zone Outputs
- MONO/STEREO select switch on each Output Channel
- Euroblock connectors provide seamless connection and configuration in fixed installations
- 3 Input Channels:
- Channel 1 : LINE input (RCA, Unbalanced)
- Channel 2 : LINE input (RCA, Unbalanced)
- Channel 3 : Bluetooth® / 3.5mm (1/8") AUX input
- 2 MIC inputs for announcements or Talk Over:
- Individual +48V phantom power switch on each channel
- 3 band EQ and High Pass Filter for adjusting Input Channel signal tone and quality
- MIC 1 connection available via a front panel XLR/TRS combo jack or rear panel Euroblock connectors
- Talk Over feature enables automatic background music volume attenuation in desired Zone when mic audio is detected
- Headphone jack enables monitoring of each output channel
- Compact 1U rack-mount size