TASCAM DR Control is a free app for your iOS or Android smartphone that controls the DR-44WL or DR-22WL through WiFi. Control the transport, transfer files to your smartphone, upload recordings to SoundCloud, and stream audio from the recorder from anywhere in the room with this app.
DR Control allows you to operate the recorder from anywhere in the room, placing the microphones where they sound best while you start recording away from the action. You can start and stop recording or playback, verifying that the meters and time counter are moving. The app also allows you to adjust the input gain, change the stereo mix, enable low rolloff filter or limiter, and virtually any other control on the recorder.
When recording has stopped, transfer your audio from the DR-44WL or DR-22WL to your phone without plugging in any wires. Both recorders can record WAV and MP3 audio at the same time, so you can upload the MP3 file while retaining a high-quality WAV recording. DR Control will upload your audio to SoundCloud, a free service that makes it simple to share music online. Simply copy the SoundCloud link and post on Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks.
- Simple Wi-Fi connection without a router
- Wireless streaming to monitor the recorder
- Share audio files from SoundCloud to other social networking services
- Wi-Fi connections can be established simply by following the directions in the app
- Connection status is displayed with an LED on the unit as well as on the app screen
- With DR Control, audio from the DR-22WL and DR-44WL can be broadcast via Wi-Fi to your smartphone for streaming playback
- After recording, transfer your files from the recorder to your smartphone using the TASCAM DR Control app
- Files can be uploaded directly to SoundCloud, then you can share that link to Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ timelines with a single button
- A free SoundCloud account can be created, giving you up to three hours of uploaded recordings